Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Liliahna

After 9 days in the hospital with a complicated case of pneumonia we are headed in for surgery. You've already had two chest tubes, but they've failed to fully drain the infected fluid in the pleural space between your lung and your chest wall. You have been so brave throughout this ordeal and I am so proud of you!

On the first day (Dec. 27) you were given a red fleece blanket with green and white polka-dots. This blanket has become like a shield of comfort for you so we brought it with us on our way down to the surgery department. As I rode on the bed with you, i could feel your sweet body shake with fever and with fear. I could only imagine what you were thinking - where are they taking me now, what will they do to me next, how bad will it hurt?

So in an effort to help comfort you i pulled the beloved red blanket up over our heads like we were in a fort. Mercifully, this helped you calm down enough that you were actually able to fall asleep as we waited to meet with the surgeon. I was grateful for that sweet and peaceful moment with you, it helped to comfort me while you were in surgery. I love you and am so lucky to be your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment