Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11, 2012

Liliahna,

You taught YOURSELF how to ride a bike today! Right after I came home from school (after we had a quick snack, of course) you asked me if I wanted to watch you ride a bike with no training wheels. I agreed, but since you didn't know how to ride bike yet, I thought maybe you had found a balance bike somewhere on the playground where you could just walk your feet along the ground instead of peddling. But, to my surprise, you came walking around the corner with a real big kid bike with no training wheels. You jumped on, gave it two pushes with your feet and then started peddling towards me! You made it about 5 feet before you put your feet down, but you did it! I helped you for a while and you kept getting better and better, going farther and farther. Pretty soon, it was time for dinner, and you were riding a bike.

I was completely blown away. You could barely even ride your bike with training wheels, and here you were riding away! In my amazement, I asked you when you learned to ride a bike?!?!? Your answer..."right now dad!" I followed up by asking, "Yeah, but when did you do it for the first time?" Again, she answered, "Just right now, dad!" I felt a little like I was watching Dan in Real Life.

At some point today, you decided that you wanted to ride a bike, you went and found a bike without training wheels, and then you got on that bike and put your feet on the peddles. You did it by yourself, no one asked you to do it...you just initiated the adventure.

I love how brave you are Lili. I can't wait to see where your courage takes you next.

-Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment